Aim for 60 Minutes of Activity a Day
Fit "Fitness" into your busy day - It is important to your health and success. Whether it is walking the dog, running, or riding a bike... make physical activity one of the healthy habits in your daily life.
Get out and get active - limit sedentary activities. Student's lifestyles today are very different from their parents'. TV, video games, texting and online social networks are now replacing the neighborhood kickball game. Kids and teens are spending more time sitting and less time running, jumping and playing. Commit to staying active.
What are the Benefits?
Students who are physically fit will...
- Find it easier to maintain a healthy weight
- Sleep better
- Have higher self-esteem and self-confidence
- Be more attentive in class and perform better in school
- Have proper growth with stronger bones, muscles, and joints
- Feel less stressed
- Reduce their risk of chronic disease
- Decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- Have lower blood pressure
- Have lower LDL "bad" blood cholesterol levels, and raise HDL "good" cholesterol levels
- Feel happier and have a better outlook on life!